- This event has passed.
April Full Moon Hike
19 April 2019 @ 21:00 – 23:55
April Full Moon HikeJoin the eighth installment of our new Full Moon Hiking Series. Since September 2018, we’re going hiking under the Moonlight, once a month, as close as possible to the Full Moon. On Friday, April 19th, 2018, we will hike about 45 minutes away from central Jeddah – the exact location will be shared with registered participants. We will have THREE groups. * GREEN 6km ( 3km out and 3km back) * BLUE 13km ( 6.5km out and 6.5km back ) * RED 16km ( 8 km our and 8km back ) As a reference, here are some previous hikes IBP indexes (to know in advance the difficulty of any trail )
- FM 2018.12 – IBP Index: 20
- FM 2018.09 – IBP Index: 25
- FM 2018.11 – IBP Index: 26 – 6.6km – d+140m
- FM 2018.10 – IBP Index: 27
- FM 2018.10 – IBP Index: 27
- FM 2019.01 – IBP Index: 28 – 7.5km – d+190m
- FM 2018.12 – IBP Index: 29
- FM 2018.09 – IBP Index: 32
- FM 2018.11 – IBP Index: 32
- Jabal Mukasser – IBP Index: 60
- P2P – One Peak (Jabal Serr) – IBP Index: 69
- AshShafa – IBP Index: 70
- P2P – TWO Peaks (Jabal Daf) – IBP Index: 92
- You must manage your own transport ( fill up the tank before coming )
- A small backpack (or hydration pack ) with 1 liter of water per person minimum will be required ( not provided by the Organizers). Snacks optional.
- A head torch ( or hand torch ) with RED LIGHT mode. you will not be allowed to start the hike if your torch doesn’t have a RedLight mode. The Red Light helps preserve your night vision and will make the hike more enjoyable for all. 68 Head Torches with RedLight are available for lease from the organizers at the time or registration. Just to be clear: WHITE LIGHT Head Torch will NOT be able to join the group. We will check.
- If you want to BBQ and/or Camp you need to bring your own food, cooking and camping gear.
- The lease for the Head Torch is 8 SAR ( so it will cost 22 to take part + 8 to lease = 30 SAR)
- in our Full Moon September event, we were not able to meet the demand for Leased Head Torches. We bought more than the dozen initially purchased but still were short. We bought another dozen for the October Full Moon. and still, we were not able to meet the demand. With an additional dozen in November we had to close registration early as we ran out of head torches.
- If you don’t want to be disappointed, book early!
- your Head Torch will only be confirmed upon receiving your payment. In short, paying by Credit Card will guarantee you a Head-Torch if available. We will however only lock your Head-Torch if you pay by Bank Transfer upon reception of the funds. You must attach your transfer receipt at the time of registration. if not we will cancel the registration. Making a registration before the price hikes up to the late payment fee will not help, unless you do initiate the transfer before that time!
- If the LEASED head torch option is sold out, please do NOT register for the BYO until AFTER you have purchased a headtorch. There will be no refund if you don’t find the head torch with a RED light!
- 22 SAR if you Bring Your Own HeadTorch with a RedLight Mode.
- 30 SAR if you want to LEASE a HeadTorch with a RedLight Mode. ( it is NOT 22+30 … it is 22+8 = 30 )
- We are not able anymore to accommodate Cash Payment. You can, however, deposit Cash to our bank account and share the receipt if you do not own a DebitCard/CreditCard not can do e-banking for transfer. Our Bank details are available here: http://hejazultra.org/misc/payment
The IBP index is an algorithm that analyses the difficulty of a mountain or road bike route or a running trail generating a precise number to help you to compare the difficulty of different trails.
The measure of the difficulty of a route is different from the effort it requires: a route with an IBP index of 60 will be very hard for a debutant, a pretty normal one for someone with an average preparation, and very comfortable for an elite hiker.
The effort required by a trail depends on: your fitness + the pace of the race + weather conditions + IBP indexRegister quickly before the Late Registration fee kicks in or before we run out of Head Torches! Course details:
51 people are attending April Full Moon Hike