- This event has passed.
Howlin’Dog Trail Half-Marathon & 10km
March 8 @ 06:45 - 09:00
Howlin'Dog Trail Half-Marathon & 10km
Free yourself from Tarmac and join us for a relatively easy trail Half-Marathon (21.1km).
("Ease" is measured against our Hejaz 50. It is still trail, with ups and down and the kilometers are not much shorter when you leave the tarmac. )
Last year’s hugely popular Howlin’Dog is back. This year we will “only” be running the Half-Marathon version of this…an out and back on the plateaus just East of Thuwal.
- This year’s run is not a race
- Each year we run this, people will be able to collect a Dog Tag
- This is beautiful open country mostly up on a plateau where sunrise and views are spectacular
- This is only a one hour drive North of Jeddah…like going to KAUST
- Course has it all, a little climbing, good road, short dunes area at the turnaround
Distances: Since this is an out and back you are welcome to run any distance you wish:
- The full distance will be a relatively flatish trail 21km run that turns at 10.5k…water support will be provided near the 10km mark just before the turn; in 2018 everyone was able to make the full 21K
- We will also mark the 5 k turn in case you want to run or trek a 10k.
- km 5
- km 10
Where (start/finish): We will be running South/North along the pylons from the start/finish point…kmz and pins will be provided for all who register.
- No Full Marathon option this year. but we added a 10km. The Full Dog will be back in 2019-2020 season.
25 people are attending Howlin’Dog Trail Half-Marathon & 10km