Hejaz Overload v3
12 December 2019 @ 15:00 – 14 December 2019 @ 13:00
Hejaz Overload v3 – Dec 12-13-14 2019
The third edition of Hejaz Overload will take place over three days:
- Thursday, 12th December 2019 (late afternoon)
- Friday, 13th December 2019 (full day !)
- Saturday, 14th December 2019 (morning +)
Before being a race it is an ADVENTURE..
The Hejaz Overload is an Ultra run, a Multi-day / Multi-Stage Ultra-Marathon. Athletes will cover a distance greater than the one of a Marathon (42.2km) 3 days in a row. Over sand dunes. It is a unique event in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and in the region.
It is NOT a self-sufficient event. You will be provided with:
- Drinking Water: at BaseCamp and every 5km to 10km (depending on terrain difficulty) at Control Points You will need to carry 1.5L of water at all time + mandatory gears + snacks +…
- Food: breakfast/lunch/dinner
- Accommodation at BaseCamp: The event is taking place several hours away from Jeddah. You will not have time to go back home to sleep, and you will be too tired to be physically able to drive safely.
As with our other events, we are offering different options as we try to cater to Athletes of all level and not only to Elite participants. Still, participants are expected to be reasonably fit. We are providing an ETC (Estimate Time to Complete) and a DL (Difficulty Level) for each day
You can pick between:
- Mini Overload ( 10km per day) – total: 30km
- Half Overload ( 21km per day) – total: 63km
- Full Overload ( 43.3km per day) – total: 130km
The Course Profile is available: OverloadCourseProfilev1.0.pdf (v1.0). Registered participants will receive the final version.
There will be a ranking per day. You will be allowed to switch category at any time ( up or down ) – even during the race – but would not be getting an overall race ranking.
Mandatory Gears while running
- Backpack/HydrationPack with 1.5l capacity
- Fully charged phone
Mandatory Gears for BaseCamp
- Non-Disposable eating Utensils (bowl/plate/fork/knife/: “hard plastic”/ Metal … Camping type)
- Sleeping Bag
- 1st aid kit / blister kit
- Toilet paper
- ONE Lockable Suitcase (or travel bag with a lock)
- Sand Gaiters ( off-the-shelf or homemade with plastic bags ( bring 6 bags !) + grey duct tape – bring a roll)
- GPS (+ charging cable) + Battery pack + charger for phone (expect no data signal for 3 days)
- Yoga Mat+pillow? (we will be proving a rug)
- change of clothes incl. socks for the day + clothes for the evening (warmer clothes /flip-flops/… )
In addition to your camelback/backpack, you can take ONE suitcase with you.
You must reach the Meeting Point at least 1h before the race start (Thursday afternoon) for Gear-Check and to handover your suitcase to the organizers. It must have your name on it + your race number.
You will keep the key with you while you run every day. You will find your suitcase at BaseCamp which will be fixed for the duration of the event.
You will be driven back to the original meeting point with your suitcase.
We will provide food for the duration of the race.
- Thursday 12th: Dinner
- Friday 13th: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
- Saturday 14th: Breakfast/Lunch
It will have the calories and nutritional requirements for the event.
You will need to bring your own race snacks.
Race Entry Fee
The fee is per person regardless of category.
For that fee, you can decide to attend only 1 or 2 of the days
- 684 SAR only: EID Special – until Aug 17th 2019 23:55.
- 949 SAR only: Early Bird – until Oct 15th 2019 23:55.
- 1049 SAR : from Oct 16th 2019 00:00 until Nov 30th 2019 23:55.
- 1449 SAR Late Fee – from Dec 1st 2019 00:00 until Dec 11th 2019 17:00.