- This event has passed.
Hejaz Overload v2
12/06/2018 @ 15:00 - 12/08/2018 @ 17:00 UTC+3Free – ر.س1245
Hejaz Overload v2 – Dec 06-07-08 The second edition of Hejaz Overload will take place over three days:
- Thursday, 06th December 2018
- Friday, 07th December 2018
- Saturday, 08th December 2018
- Drinking Water: at BaseCamp and every 5km to 10km (depending on terrain difficulty) at Control Points You will need to carry 1.5L of water at all time + mandatory gears + snacks +…
- Food: breakfast/lunch/dinner
- Accommodation at BaseCamp: The event is taking place several hours away from Jeddah. You will not have time to go back home to sleep, and you will be too tired to be physically able to drive safely.
Distances:As with our other events, we are offering different options as we try to cater to Athletes of all level and not only to Elite participants. Still, participants are expected to be reasonably fit. We are providing an ETC (Estimate Time to Complete) and a DL (Difficulty Level) for each day You can pick between:
- Mini Overload ( 10km per day) – total: 30km
- Half Overload ( 21km per day) – total: 63km
- Full Overload ( 43.3km per day) – total: 130km
Mandatory Gears while running
- Backpack/HydrationPack with 1.5l capacity
- Fully charged phone
Mandatory Gears for BaseCamp
- Non-Disposable eating Utensils (bowl/plate/fork/knife/: “hard plastic”/ Metal … Camping type)
- Sleeping Bag
- 1st aid kit / blister kit
- Toilet paper
- ONE Lockable Suitcase (or travel bag with a lock)
- Sand Gaiters ( off-the-shelf or homemade with plastic bags ( bring 6 bags !) + grey duct tape – bring a roll)
- GPS (+ charging cable) + Battery pack + charger for phone (expect no data signal for 3 days)
- Yoga Mat+pillow? (we will be proving a rug)
- change of clothes incl. socks for the day + clothes for the evening (warmer clothes /flip-flops/… )
Suitcase:In addition to your camelback/backpack, you can take ONE suitcase with you. You must reach the Meeting Point at least 1h before the race start (Thursday afternoon) for Gear-Check and to handover your suitcase to the organizers. It must have your name on it + your race number. You will keep the key with you while you run every day. You will find your suitcase at BaseCamp which will be fixed for the duration of the event. You will be driven back to the original meeting point with your suitcase.
Food:We will provide food for the duration of the race.
- Thursday 06th: Dinner
- Friday 07th: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
- Saturday 08th: Breakfast/Lunch
Race Entry Feestudents and Family members entering together get a 10% discount with coupon OVRLD10 The fee is per person regardless of category. For that fee, you can decide to attend only 1 or 2 of the days
- SAR 949 Regular fee – June 20th – Nov 15th 2018.
- SAR1245 Late fee – Nov 16th – Nov 30th 2018.
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.