- This event has passed.
10/13/2018 @ 04:45 - 08:30 UTC+3Free
NOTE: This is an event for advanced conditioned athletes ONLY. IBP Index =175 for this run (compare to Peak 2 Peak BOTH PEAKS at about 100). If you take this run on and cannot keep pace with the main group, you will be required to return to the cars the way you came. There is NO easy cutoff out for this run. Help is not coming. You must finish once you start the climb to Qunut. You are on your own. You will be expected to use map files provided and self-navigate. The first hour of this run will be in darkness and a torch will be required. You must be able to carry 3 liters of water MINIMUM from the start. Completion of this run may qualify you for Q2Q3.
On Saturday, October 13, we will run from the end of the West Loop at 0445, start in the DARK and run South. Our first goal will be to run 6.5km in one hour over the West Loop, thru Base Camp, and to the high point of the South Loop. An achievable and sane pace for highly conditioned athletes. There, by 5:45AM, we will have the natural light of Civil Twilight, collect the group, and then go off-trail for 1.5km to the top of Jabal Qunut, the highest point in our Hejaz area. There we will watch the Sunrise and enjoy breakfast. It will be unbelievable. From there we will descent Qunut, cross a quarry and re-ascend a ridge that leads to the famed Egyptian Slide after which we will descend to the cars via the climb we started hours earlier. Here’s the stats for the entire run:
=15km, ~900m climbing, Max altitude: 525m Above Sea Level
Current Jeddah Weather Forecast: 5AM…28C, 10 AM 33C, 13km/hr N winds (a bit warm but the mountains have lately been cool early)
By signing up here you acknowledge:
- I am extraordinarily fit to run, climb and descend over extreme terrain for three to four hours
- I can use kmz map files and can self-navigate the route if separated from the main group
- When provided, I will study the instructions, route and be familiar with key points, turns and challenges prior to the event
- I will bring a torch for use during the first hour of the run
- I can and will carry and bring 3 liters of water minimum (4-4.5 liters is best)
- I understand organizers reserve the right to ask me not to attend based on their assessment of my fitness for this event and at their sole discretion.
Details will be shared qualified, registered members.Registration CLOSED.